Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lessons of Marshall town glory


He stands on my door step...
My biggest fear.
He stands on my door step.
With nothing but a nail-clipper to his name.
I have came to realize... That he is not the only one.
A million cold pains
Have made their skins thick
Some walk barefooted...
Only steel bottle caps scar their heels
Many have not had a decent meal since the last soup kitchen...
Yet a gazillions foods go to waste...
They live in and out of my town...

He stands at my door step...
My biggest fear!

The fact that he was deceived by 
The shine of candy, that lights up my town, torments me.
They came... Packed up... 
Ran away, 
Up and left bitterness behind.
Their faces... 
Tell a story... They are worn out 
They wear pain... Other wear hatred and stubbornness
That all belongs to their past.
I fear 
That one day...  
I will end up like them...
With the only clothes on my back 
I fear...
Sweet words, and deep promises...
Will lead me to distraction.
I fear...
Giving in
I fear...
Not having water to drink

He is a constant reminder...
To appreciate those who love me
Love them back...
Appreciate home...
Though it is not perfect... 
But it has my mothers smile..
My sisters stubbornness
And my nephews naughtiness.

In this bright city...
Nothing but coldness exists.

Lessons of Marshall town glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment